Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Laika Phenomenon progress

Hello! Hello! Took a mental health week off from drawing and doing pretty much anything else due to some unruly bouts of Seasonal Affective Disorder, coupled with stress and PMS, but I'm on my way back up again! Huzzah!
So to get back into my groove I started fooling around with a concept sketch for my next toy with Patchtogether.com, being a tough-as-nails roller derby girl named Laika Phenomenon. Laika has been skating around my head for the better part of a year. I kinda want to do some sort of comic with her and the rest of her roller derby team. But for now, I'm making her a toy.



Thinking about colors with this sketch. Most likely will go black and white with her boutfit, as to be as team-neutral as possible (even though I'm sure there's some teams out there who use black and white). And some small touches of red, cuz it's one of my fave colors. I love her mouth guard and black eye the most. Prolly have stuff like her pads and helmet have outlines of blue around them to keep them separated. But yeah, I'm liking how she's turning out so far. I'm planning on doing some turnarounds of her for the final design, which I will certainly post here when it's all set. :)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails