Sunday, July 19, 2009

Artists & Fleas Designer Market in Brooklyn



So yesterday was my first day at the Artists & Fleas Indoor Designer Market in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It went ok, sold a few prints, met some really nice people and may have future interest in some commissions. Not sure if/when I'll do it again, but it was a fun way to spend a Saturday. Now I'm anxiously awaiting Baltimore Comic Con in October.

At my table I sold prints, artbooks, Shrinky-Dink jewelry, temporary tattoos and I was taking orders for commissions.

View from my table:



I also did some on-the-spot b&w marker sketches to practice drawing behind a table so I can start doing them at an actual comic con. I got 3 good drawings done- Catwoman, Wolverine and Raphael. Had to do three characters from memory, since I didn't have any reference and no one was asking me to draw anything in particular, though I also lacked the proper signage to let people *know* I was drawing on the spot. Gave Catwoman away to my friend Connie who was super awesome to come all the way out from New Jersey with her hubby Noah to check out the spread. But yeah, Raphael and Wolverine are going up for sale via mailorder, so check them out on my store in the next few days!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails